Video Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
ConsumerTrack is a rapidly growing digital marketing company and content platform with technology innovation at the core of our business model. Our Team has built a profitable company with a reputation as the preferred digital advertiser for Fortune 1000 brands, banks, and financial institutions. We use our proprietary technology platform along with both our owned and operated sites and partner sites to reach hundreds of millions of US consumers every month.
We hire high performance individuals that are highly accountable, able to collaborate and communicate in a Team environment and who want to be the very best that they can be every day. The opportunities are endless at ConsumerTrack and we will continue to promote from within based on great performance and the impact you can make to the Company.
We are searching for an experienced Video Editor/Motion Graphics Artist for an exciting new position producing fun, conversational, and educational personal finance videos for GOBankingRates.com and related social media sites.
This position will assist the Creative Director-Video in editing projects from start to finish, and must possess the creativity and technical skills necessary to manage multiple projects and work well with tight deadlines in a highly collaborative but fun environment. A great attitude and good sense of humor is a must.
While the projects we work on are fun and entertaining, this position is more of a “newsy” one, not movie animation. You will be working on personal finance videos, which we understand is not interesting to everyone, so we will be looking for that unique person who has at least an interest in personal finance and loves creating animated bar charts, pie graphs, and video explainers (please see samples below).
How to Quit Your Job and Travel
The Key to Long-Tem Investment Strategies
3 Ways to Stop Worrying About Money
Insider Secrets of Tipping Etiquette
Why Your Tiny Home Might Have Big Costs
Please be prepared to show us examples of your work that is related to our examples above, as well as why you would like to work on personal finance videos.
- Editing personal finance videos from start to finish, including creating still and/or motion graphics, music/still photo/stock b-roll search, color correcting, audio sweetening, and encoding
- Providing motion graphics assistance to other video editors.
- Participate in pitch meetings to come up with new ideas for personal finance videos, articles, and Facebook live content
- Keep abreast of social trends and culture related to video production and video in social media
- Adheres to ConsumerTrack, Inc.|GOBankingRate’s style, branding, and workflow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting, TV Production, Film, Journalism, Communications, Digital Communications, or equivalent work history
- Must have experience with Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and media encoding
- Animating infographics/explainers
- Can edit and create motion graphics quickly but efficiently
- Shooting experience a big plus
- Ability to work independently, but take direction well
- Understand basic color correction
- At least 3 years of hands-on relevant editing/motion graphics experience
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience handling multiple projects from pre to post production
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Works well under pressure
- Basic understanding of digital marketing a plus
- Knowledgeable and up to date with the latest digital workflows
- An interest in personal finance
ConsumerTrack is a technology-centric internet marketing company built on a culture of excellence. We seek out the most talented people in the industry and place a high value of keeping our employees happy. You’ll work with a world-class team and celebrate your successes at happy hour.
Why work for us?
- Entrepreneurial culture, which promotes creative thinking and new strategies & ideas.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary!
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes
- Sweet corporate discounts including movie theaters, hotels and theme parks.
- Monthly complimentary catered breakfast/lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Monthly employee outings (ex. Bowling, Paintball, Bonfires, etc.).
- Great office location, down the street from Manhattan Beach. We’re also near the I-405, with an array of great restaurants and happy hour venues within short walking distance.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!!
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.