SEO Intern - Summer
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack is looking for a SEO intern to help execute our SEO strategy for our leading personal finance site, GOBankingRates.com. The intern will support multiple SEO initiatives and campaigns and improve overall SEO health of the site and expand keyword growth. This role will focus on content optimization efforts in Wordpress, link building efforts, reporting & insights, as well as coordinate with other departments for fulfillment on strategic efforts.
The ideal candidate is familiar with SEO, is knowledgeable about industry trends, and has experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other SEO tools. We are seeking a SEO intern who wants hands-on experience in search engine optimization (SEO), organic traffic research & analysis, link building, and content creation.
- Researching link opportunities (especially relevant, authoritative websites)
- Track & Optimize for SEO internal KPIs
- Collaborate with SEO team to create Best Practices & recommendations
- Optimize content features and meta information
- Complete any special projects as needed
- Monitor and record website analytics
- Support team's ad hoc and weekly reporting by compiling data and doing light data analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, investigative research and critical thinking skills.
- Effective time-management, planning, and organization skills.
- Attentive to small details.
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies.
- Experience or interest in SEO platforms.
- Experience or interest in basic HTML.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
Good to have skills:
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, MOZ, SEMrush, JIRA, aHrefs and Slack.
- Entrepreneurial culture, which promotes creative thinking and new strategies & ideas
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes
- Monthly complimentary catered breakfast/lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.