ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
We are looking for a Newsletter Editor to write, edit and produce newsletter and email content, for our personal finance and lifestyle brand, GOBankingRates.com. As the Newsletter Editor, you will partner with the Audience Development, Email Marketing and Product Marketing teams to envision and create high-quality, action- and engagement-focused marketing content including: email newsletters, subject lines, promotional email campaigns, email-opt in forms, subscriber surveys, re-engagement campaigns and co-sponsored emails. While most content will serve newsletter and email channels, the Newsletter Editor will also support the creation of written marketing content for GOBankingRates’ cross-functional marketing initiatives including landing pages, advertorials, display banners and other marketing content.
- Lead the production of email content for GOBankingRates and GOFreeCredit, including writing short- and long-form copy for newsletters and promotional email campaigns.
- Develop and formalize the brand voice and tone of the GOBankingRates email program, to appeal to target audiences.
- Review editorial content calendar to identify relevant, new stories and videos to feature in the weekly GOBankingRates email. Then write and fine-tune email copy to best position those stories to appeal to the audiences’ interests.
- Work with Email Marketing on a regular basis to review and analyze email performance and optimize content based on audience engagement/response.
- Research and identify contextually relevant content from partners to cross-promote through GOBankingRates’ emails.
- Manage the creation and deployment of email campaigns in our email platform, including placing content into email templates, testing rendering and formatting of email content, selecting and requesting images/gifs, etc.
- Drive the creation of written marketing content for GOBankingRates’ cross-functional marketing initiatives including website landing pages, advertorials, display banners and other marketing materials.
- Ad hoc marketing and copywriting on an as-needed basis. This could include writing copy for website pages, internal and external presentations, social media marketing, PR and other uses.
- 4 - 6+ years of experience in digital marketing in a copywriting and content-strategy capacity.
- Able to write concise and punchy copy.
- Exceptional grammar and advanced knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, marketing, communications or a similar field.
- Some experience creating, writing, and/or editing copy for email newsletters or email marketing messages.
- Some knowledge of email best practices such as SPAM trigger words, subject lines, etc. or a commitment to learn.
- Experience, interest or passion for personal finance.
- Experience or interest in learning light HTML.
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.