Digital Content Editor
ConsumerTrack is a rapidly growing internet marketing company with technology innovation at the core of our business model. We have built a profitable company with a reputation as the preferred digital advertiser for Fortune 1000 brands, banks, and financial institutions. We use our proprietary technology platform along with both our owned and operated sites and partner sites to reach hundreds of millions of US consumers every month.
We hire high performance individuals that are highly accountable, able to collaborate and communicate in a Team environment and who want to be the very best that they can be every day. The opportunities are endless at ConsumerTrack and we will continue to promote from within based on great performance and the impact you can make to the Company.
GOBankingRates.com, a division of ConsumerTrack Inc., is a financially-centric publisher that provides its readers with fresh takes on a range of financial topics from personal finance and budgeting to financial planning, wealth building and investing. Over 1 million readers visit our website each month to consume our compelling content and original videos.
Our editorial team has partnered with dozens of top media outlets like MSN, Daily Finance, Business Insider, CBS MoneyWatch, and Huffington Post, providing syndicated and original personal finance, investing, retirement, consumer banking and lifestyle content to readers.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house digital content editor to support our Features and News/Events segment, which produces in-depth, data-driven content. As an Editor on the GOBankingRates content team, you will edit and optimize content on personal finance topics incorporating data and graphics provided by our in-house research and design teams. Topics will include but are not limited to money management, banking, debt, investing, retirement planning, consumer behavior, product cost analysis and current events.
This is a full-time position based in Bethlehem, Penn. office.
- Own production of articles from pre- to post-production to ensure all deadlines along the production process and all quality standards are met
- Daily check-ins on your content to ensure all deadlines are being met, including by freelancers and other task owners
- Prompt addressing of hold-ups in production with team members as needed, including Design, Video, freelancers and other stakeholders like Social and Content Partnerships
- Ability to work alone with the capability to collaborate with the LA-based team and direct manager
- Collaboration with other departments to facilitate production of visual elements needed for your articles, including Social, Design and Video
- Daily editing tasks, including writing and/or reviewing assignment briefs, fact-checking, copy editing and potential rewrites, pre-pub QA, link review and QA
- Fact-checking research, fact-checking and editing video scripts, fact-checking infographics and editing other design visuals
- Project managing freelancers
- Bringing up issues and solutions to your direct manager — often, this will require collaborating with other departments, submitting and UAT’ing tickets, providing training support or feedback, etc.
- Prescriptive problem solving: Presenting a problem with your recommended best solution and ensuring you get an answer
- Supporting ongoing training needs for in-house and freelance teammates
- Sharing updates and information with the entire team as needed
- Ongoing brainstorming for new article concepts and angles, vetting against previously published articles and keyword strength
- Continually reviewing partners and competitors to trend-spot and bring new ideas to the table
- Take ownership of all content that you are assigned to manage the production process for, i.e., writing, copy editing, fact checking – ensure quality.
- Improve production process and overall efficiency
- Stay up-to-date on current events and news happenings in order to brainstorm/execute topics with a financial twist
- Three years of digital content editing or similar experience with a focus on storytelling, news/current events, SEO, keyword optimization and conversion trends
- Interest/awareness of current events with a background in creating interesting features and storytelling via newspaper, broadcast or online journalism
- Digital content writing or journalism experience
- Understanding of keyword optimization
- Full command of copy-editing skills (AP Style), including grammar, spelling, punctuation, flow, and ability to identify missing information the reader will be looking for
- Original reporting/interviewing experience
- Fact-checking experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and turn pieces quickly
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a fast-paced team
- Collaborative, self-motivated editor requiring minimal supervision
- Technical aptitude (content management system, blog platform, HTML knowledge, and experience with Google Analytics and Google Keyword Planner Tool preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar
ConsumerTrack is a technology-centric internet marketing company built on a culture of excellence. We seek out the most talented people in the industry and place a high value of keeping our employees happy. You’ll work with a world-class team and celebrate your successes at happy hour.
Why work for us?
- Entrepreneurial culture, which promotes creative thinking and new strategies & ideas
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary!
- Sweet corporate discounts including movie theaters, hotels and theme parks
- Monthly complimentary catered breakfast/lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
LOCAL LEIGH VALLEY RESIDENTS ONLY.
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.