Editorial Intern - Summer
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack's Content Department is looking for an intern to help execute our editorial vision for our leading personal finance site, GOBankingRates.com. We help people make money, save money, and leave a richer life, and tell compelling stories about all the stages of everyone's money journey. The ideal candidate loves digital content, has a sharp eye for copyediting and fact-checking, and is knowledgeable about industry trends related to social media, SEO, and content marketing. This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Brainstorm with the editorial team about upcoming story ideas, and contribute to the execution of approved ideas.
- Track trending content ideas with a money angle across a variety of platforms.
- Assist the editorial team with daily quality assurance review of published content.
- Conduct keyword research to support keyword targeting for content calendar planning and article optimization.
- Copyedit and fact-check articles.
- Assist the editorial team with various data-entry, transcription, light research, and other tasks.
- Conduct data research to support editorial content creation.
- Learn storytelling and SEO best practices.
- Currently pursuing or obtained a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing, English or related degree
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications and explaining why you are interested in the internship at ConsumerTrack
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and WordPress or similar content management systems
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong communication, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Must be available 24-29 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9 am-6 pm
- This is a PAID internship
Good to have skills:
- Minimum 6 months experience on an editorial staff or with a publication or digital media platform is a plus
- Minimum 2 months experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, or SEMrush is a plus
- Knowledge of AP Style is a plus
- Bonus: An interest in personal finance
- Entrepreneurial culture, which promotes creative thinking and new strategies & ideas
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes
- Monthly complimentary catered breakfast/lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.