In-House Writer - Personal Finance
Have you always dreamed of having your work to be featured on a number of major finance and news online publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, and Forbes? This is your opportunity!
ConsumerTrack is a fast growing and innovative internet marketing company in the midst of an explosive growth phase. We are the preferred digital advertiser for premium financial brands such as American Express, Discover, and Allstate. Our GoMedia Network made up of 1,600 personal finance websites informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. We partner with a number of major media outlets such as Business Insider and US News & World Report to provide compelling and edifying personal finance content to make it easy for consumers to navigate through the world of finance.
We have an immediate need for a Features Writer to join our breakthrough Content Team. The Features Writer will use their informative and investigative wordsmith skills to write helpful, in-depth articles related to personal finance, business and consumer trends, and fiscal frugality. We’re not looking for someone who can Google “how to save money” and regurgitate what they read on other personal finance blogs. We need a stand-out financial journalist who is comfortable analyzing data, finding original sources, and dissecting complex information for our large audience. He/she will work directly with the Content Manager and with a multitude of expert in-house and contributing writers and authors to publish what the world wants to know and share. If you are ambitious, driven, self-motivated and want to work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create, the Feature Writer job is for you!
- Write high-quality, in-depth personal finance content for national GOBankingRates site and partner sites. Types of content include:
- Short-form news content
- Short- to long-form financial resource content
- Medium- to long-form evergreen content
- Long-form financial studies
- Work with editorial director, as well as SEO, PR, and Social teams to craft content that meets business objectives and is effective across all channels
- Respond to media inquiries, representing GOBankingRates from an expert perspective
- Help develop and evolve the GOBankingRates voice
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field, and/or credentialed in financial field
- At least three to five years covering personal finance, economy, banking or similar
- Candidates with a professional designation in the financial field are strongly preferred, though extensive experience writing on personal finance will also be considered. Examples of professional designations:
- CFP, CPA or similar certifications
- RFC (registered financial consultant), RIA (registered investment advisor)
- Employee in banking or financial service industry
- Ability to handle heavy writing workload while meeting editorial standards and guidelines
- Familiarity with writing for an online publication, with basic understanding of SEO, HTML, and WordPress or similar CMS
- Knowledge of AP Style
Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and links to 2-3 published writing samples.
This is a full-time position based in our El Segundo office.
ConsumerTrack is a technology-centric internet marketing company built on a culture of excellence. We seek out the most talented people in the industry and place a high value of keeping our employees happy. You’ll work with a world-class team and celebrate your successes.
Why work for us?
- Entrepreneurial culture, which promotes creative thinking and new strategies & ideas.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary!
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes
- Monthly complimentary catered breakfast/lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Monthly employee outings (ex. Bowling, Paintball, Bonfires, etc.).
- Great office location, down the street from Manhattan Beach. We’re also near the I-405, with an array of great restaurants and happy hour venues within short walking distance.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!!
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.